Cooking up a batch of these moreish bites is simpler than you feel, all you require is a few storecupboard ingredients.
Factors to don’t forget
- Use a fork to regular your onion and slice the onion into rings about 1cm broad. Take away the skin and separate the rings.
- Heat the oil to 180C in a heavy-based pan – it should be no more than 1/3 full.
- Meanwhile mix the batter components – here we use flour, seasoning and sparkling water. Whisk with each other to kind a thick batter.
- Coat a tiny batch of onion rings and meticulously decrease them, 1 at a time into the sizzling oil.
- Deep-fry till crisp and golden, about two – three minutes. Drain on kitchen paper. Repeat until you have cooked all the onion rings.
It’s really worth investing in a cooking thermometer to measure the temperature of the oil. You can, nevertheless, drop a cube of bread into the oil to check the temperature. It should brown in 45 seconds – 1 min.
Relevant glossary terms
Skills & know how
As well as helping you decide what to cook we can also support you to cook it. From tips on cookery tactics to facts and data about well being and nutrition, we’ve a wealth of foodie know how for you to explore.
About BBC Good Food
We are the UK’s amount one foods brand. No matter whether you’re looking for wholesome recipes and guides, family members projects and meal plans, the most recent gadget critiques, foodie travel inspiration or just the ideal recipe for dinner tonight, we’re here to support.
All our recipes are tested totally by us to make certain they’re suitable for your kitchen at property. We know a lot of of you are concerned about wholesome eating, so we send them to a experienced nutritionist for thorough evaluation as well.
Tell us what you think…
Enjoy the new search or think we’ve missed the mark? We want to hear your thoughts – good and negative – to make certain we make the new internet site as useful as possible.
Subscribe to BBC Very good Foods magazine and get triple-examined recipes delivered to your door, each month.
Uncover a BBC Very good Food Present near you.
See your favourite chefs on Sky Channel 133, BT 313 and uncover their recipes at goodfoodchannel.co.uk
Join the BBC Very good Foods neighborhood by following us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Google Plus.
© Immediate Media Business Limited, 2019