Recipe by: StevenRN
- 3 lemons
- 8 cups cold water, or as needed
- two cups white sugar, or as required
- Add all components to record
- Include all components to list
one h forty m
- Minimize lemons into slices about 1/4 inch thick and take away the fruit pulp. Minimize the rings in half so the peels are in prolonged strips.
- Deliver water and lemon peel to a boil in a little pan. Drain water, and repeat with fresh cold water. Repeat the boiling phase 3 occasions (see Editor’s Note). Drain and set peels aside.
- Mix 2 cups fresh water with 2 cups sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Reduce heat to lower and stir in citrus peels simmer until finally the white pith is translucent. Keep peels in syrup, refrigerated, to preserve them soft, or let them to dry. Toss dry candied peels in extra sugar and shop airtight at area temperature.