September 21, 2018 5 Feedback
This publish may have affiliate hyperlinks. Please see my affiliate disclosure for far more information.
This Brussels sprouts and bacon recipe is a super tasty 2-ingredient side dish that the entire loved ones will adore. It’s simple and fast.
Bacon and Brussels sprouts just go with each other. This easy side dish is definitely well worth making.
I’m a large fan of just plain ‘ole Brussels sprouts, but dressing them up every single now and then is excellent as well.
I have a couple of far more Brussels sprout side dish recipes on the weblog, such as my maple pecan Brussels sprouts, my creamy baked Brussels sprouts, and my shredded Brussels sprouts and kale salad. Brussels are definitely 1 of my favorite veggies, and they’re great cooked or raw.
In unrelated-to-this-recipe news, my interview for the Dishing with Delishes podcast went live on Wednesday. If you’re interested in hearing my voice or acquiring to know me a bit greater, have a pay attention. I talk about increasing the blog and how Salt & Lavender was named (between other factors).
Guidelines for creating Brussels sprouts with bacon
- I cook the Brussels sprouts in the bacon unwanted fat for extra taste.
- Brussels sprouts can be a bit challenging, so the very first element of the cooking procedure is completed with the pan’s lid on. This traps the steam and cooks them more rapidly. I keep the heat fairly lower so they don’t brown too swiftly.
- You finish the cooking procedure with the lid off and then brown them even far more to your liking if you wish.
- I employed modest-to-average dimension Brussels for this recipe. If you use larger ones, cooking time will need to have to boost from what I suggest in the recipe.
What to serve with Brussels sprouts and bacon
This side dish is the best accompaniment to a roast (chicken, beef, or pork), or even a Thanksgiving turkey. It goes with rather a lot any fall/winter major program in my view.
I hope you’ll give this simple Brussels sprouts side dish recipe a consider!
Questions? Allow me know in the remarks below.
Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Recipe
This Brussels sprouts and bacon recipe is a super delicious two-ingredient side dish that the total loved ones will love. It’s easy and quick.
Course Side Dish
Key phrase Brussels sprouts and bacon recipe
Prep Time ten minutes
Cook Time twenty minutes
Complete Time 30 minutes
Writer Salt & Lavender
- 1/2 pound bacon lower into little pieces
- 2 dozen Brussels sprouts trimmed & halved
- Salt & pepper to taste
Fry the bacon in a skillet in excess of medium-substantial heat right up until crispy.
Get the bacon out of the pan (set aside till needed) and depart the grease in there.
Add the Brussels sprouts to the pan, stir them right up until they are nicely coated in the bacon grease, and cover the pan with a lid. Minimize the heat to medium-low. Cook for 5 minutes.
Include the bacon back into the pan. Cook, uncovered, for a handful of much more minutes or right up until the Brussels sprouts are as tender and/or browned as you want. You can cover the pan once again if you wish (particularly if you want the Brussels to be super soft) just hold an eye on them so they don’t scorch.
Season with salt & pepper if needed. Serve instantly.